Welcome to the Black Swamp Quilters Guild!
The purpose of this organization is to promote the development and appreciation of quilting in our community and to educate interested persons in all aspects of quilting.
Our guild consists of quilters, young and old, in Northwest Ohio. Monthly meetings are normally held in Bowling Green, Ohio, at the meeting room in the Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Building at Simpson Garden Park, 1291 Conneaut Avenue on the second Thursday of the month, beginning at 7 PM (the room is open for socializing an hour before the meeting starts). Any change in meeting place, date and time will be noted on this page in the paragraph entitled "Important Information About Our Next Meeting."
Anyone interested in quilting is eligible for membership and guests are always welcome. Membership dues are $25//year, payable at the January meeting of each year. A membership application may be downloaded here.
The meeting minutes, patterns for selected Mystery quilts, and the newsletter are available on this site. Just click on the appropriate link in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
Click hereto download a copy of the Guild ByLaws: ByLaws 2016
Important Information About Our Next Meeting
Next meeting: March 9, 2017. (set up at 6, dinner at 6:30. meeting to follow.) Pot luck: bring a dish to share.
- Garage sale: bring items to sell, clearly labeled with price and your name. Bring money to buy!
- Bring your completed black-and-white color challenge blocks.
- UFO challenge: Can you beat Sheila's total of 14 in February? Bring your completed UFOs, pick up a slip to put in the drawing from Joanne before the meeting. Everyone that has their name in the jar has a chance for each from Joanne and March's motivational incentive is a gift certificate. Everyone that has their name in the jar has a chance.
- The Finished Round Robins will be revealed
- Bring your chosen UFO for the 2018 UFO challenge
- a pattern will be available for the Hatchet Block challenge
- Vintage UFO Raffle From Cindy Huffman: As you may recall, last fall someone donated a box of vintage quilt pieces and parts. These items will be split into five or six lots and raffled off "Chinese Auction style" at the March meeting. Tickets will be a donation (suggested $1 each or 6 tickets for $5). All money will be donated to the Cocoon Women's Shelter.
- There will be a sign-up sheet if you want to volunteer your sewing space tour for a sewing space tour.
Please check the Bowling Green Schools if we have inclement weather. If the BG schools are closed, there will not be a BSQG meeting. Also, please know if there is heavy fog late afternoon/evening, the meeting will be canceled. Please check your email late in the day of the meeting if you are unsure of a meeting cancellation.
Important information about browser for users: This site doesn't present well on Apple's Safari or Google's Chrome browsers (graphics are distorted) so this site is best viewed using Internet Explorer (most, if not all PCs come equipped with IE; IE is no longer being designed for Macs), Firefox, Opera or Camino to view this site. Firefox is a free download for both Macs and PCs from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ while Opera and Camino are free downloads for Macs from http://www.opera.com/browser/download/ and http://caminobrowser.org/ respectively. This site has not been tested for other browsers so if you have any feedback on the performance on other browsers, please contact the webmaster.